Thank you for your interest in Learning to Fly – Spring 2022! We are rescheduling this popular event and will be announcing the new event date very soon. Please check here on the Wise Money Decision Blog for updates. We apologize for inconvenience.
Join us for this one-session Learning to Fly course designed for young adults who are ready to launch their career and are eager to be successful & wise with their finances. Participants will have an opportunity to discover or confirm their talents and passions, learn how to network effectively, prepare to shine in interviews, and gain a fundamental understanding of budgeting, taxes, and how to be a prudent investor. The goal of this course is to guide soon-to-be graduates and those early in their career to use their gifts and skills to start them on a path towards not only landing their “dream job”, but how to be successful in any job. The long-term objective is to lead them towards financial responsibility and freedom.
SESSION 1: The Proximity Principle
- Discover Your Talent & Passion
- Networking and Making Connections
- Develop Your Personal Brand
- The Value of Any Job
SESSION 2: How to Win at Interviewing
- Drafting a Resumé and How to Prepare for an Interview
- Getting Your Dream Job
SESSION 3 (Day 2) Sowing Success: Wealth Building Fundamentals
- Establishing S.M.A.R.T. Financial Goals
- Personal Financial Statements
- Inflation and Purchasing Power
- Tax Distinctions and Different Tax Treatments
- Evidence Based Investing and Building a Portfolio
- Who Wants to be a Millionaire?
Thursday, 3/24 New date and time to be announced soon!